However, this is NOT some hippie-dippie recipe that tastes nothing like the name implies and we all pretend to love it because it is good for us. This one is actually different. Give it a try!
- 2 1/4 cup whole-wheat light flour (meaning its a lighter color and taste but still 100% unprocessed whole wheat)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I always use the real stuff no "lite")
- 1/2 cup honey
- ⅓ cup oil (I used coconut oil or occasionally melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (sometimes I do 1 tbs pumpkin spice & 1 tbs cinn)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, oil, & vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40-50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.
Let me know what you think!