Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Year, New Blog

In 2011, a lot of things have changed for my family.  Most significantly... we have gained two members, hence my need for a new blog.  For the past 4 years, my family unit has been a very happy party of two: me and the Liv Monster.  I have spent the past 4 years working hard, going to school, and being a single mom to my beautiful daughter Olivia.  Our old blog was centered around just the two of us and our adventures.  While we had a wonderful family just the way we are, we have been blessed and this past year have gained even more wonderful family, so a new and expanded blog has become necessary.

My husband and I were married in May 2011 and he has easily slipped into the father roll in our family.  He is a wonderful, doting father and an amazing husband.  In addition to my wonderful husband, we were also blessed with a son.  Technically, he was born January 13th, 2012, which means he was NOT exactly a change of 2011.. but I still consider him part of that year of change.  Blaine is a wonderful baby boy who mostly eats, sleeps, and poops at this point.  However, I have high hopes he will develop into a wonderfully charismatic boy through this next year.  :)

In addition to the family unit changes, we had uprooted from our long time home in Oklahoma City and moved to Denver for a few brief months before following my husband for yet another transfer here in Kansas City, MO.  Kansas City is still relatively unexplored for us, as it is easy to get wrapped up in family and work and stick to our own bubble.  However, I work in Overland Park, Kansas which is about a 45 minute drive.  In addition to lots of alone time in the car, working that far away from home has given me an opportunity to see a slightly trendier part of the metro area as well as some great dining opportunities.

In all, 2011 was a very exciting year for us with lots of change.  While it evolved me as a whole and added significant value to my life, I am ready for something that resembles something slightly more stable in the year to come.  I am sure my husband will agree.

So here is to a new year, lead by a new blog that is more appropriately fitting to our new life.  This year I intend to share my love of cooking, my poor attempts at crafting, my successes and failures in parenting, and my journey through marriage.  Hang in there... it is sure to be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment